Friday, April 3, 2009

Looking back from Nizwa

I'm in Nizwa now, a small city/town in the interior of Oman. This blog post should be relatively short since "the shabab" = "mangi" = "young guys" are going to go out to get "mashkach" (bbq'ed goat)in a bit. Right now the guys from my program are living with some students here for a week to get a bit of a different perspective on life in Oman. It's pretty sweet--we've been out to wadis and mountains, played soccer in a parking lot last night... and we eat lots of meat. and Coke. I drink lots of Coke with my meat.

I really have no idea where to start because I've visited Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, and Doha since I last wrote in this blog. (that's right---open google maps, haha--I had no idea where Sharjah was either).

I had a magnificent blog post ready when I was in Dubai...and I'm not gonna write it now...haha--because I have to go. The good life is calling.

3 comments:

  1. dammit, you're such a post tease...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doha! Did you do anything exciting there? Like study the Doha Round and such?

    Just nerding out and hoping all is well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. favorite line: "I drink lots of Coke with my meat."

    ReplyDelete